PROFILE: Mian Ali, the Pakistani entrepreneur-turned-investor and new owner of UK’s HalalEat12 Jul 2018
Q&A: Raja Al Mazrouei on how Dubai’s FinTech Hive supports Islamic fintech05 Jul 2018
New government feel-good effect and Ramadan cushioned Malaysia’s economy from post-election shocks18 Jun 2018
INTERVIEW-How can new crowdfunder GlobalSadaqah improve transparency, impact of Islamic social finance?04 Jun 2018
INTERVIEW-How can Muslims give zakat more strategically? - Mohammad Raafi Hossain, founder, Finocracy25 May 2018
Muslims in India develop mutual health insurance scheme as alternative to takaful24 May 2018
Malaysian businesses hopeful for corruption-free future under new government12 May 2018
Five years of EFICA: How has the award benefited Islamic, ethical financial institutions?30 Mar 2018
INTERVIEW-Certified Shariah-compliant GOLDX to set gold standard for blockchain in Islamic fintech27 Feb 2018
Why should the Muslim world care about women-led social enterprises?23 Feb 2018
Dubai-UAE: 10 July, 2018 – Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre (DIEDC) continue to receive outstanding nominations for the sixth Islamic Economy Award (IEA 2018) just two weeks prior to the scheduled close of registrations on 25 July.
IEA highlights the most innovative and advanced economic initiatives and projects around the world that foster socio-economic development and align with the core principles of the Islamic economy – responsibility, sustainability, and positive impact on society.
Since its inception in 2013, the annual award has been organised in collaboration with Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Dubai Chamber) and independently managed by Thomson Reuters under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, and with the supervision of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of The Executive Council of Dubai.
Over the past five editions, IEA has received more than 1,200 applications from over 47 countries across the globe, with 45 finalists from 18 countries on five continents – Australia, North and South America, Africa, and Asia. With the number of candidates growing each year, the success of the award is a testimony to the increasing awareness of the benefits of the Islamic economy as well as the surge in economic initiatives aimed at achieving a balance between profitability and development.
IEA seeks to help consolidate Dubai’s status as the capital of Islamic economy through adopting an integrated approach that involves launching initiatives and organising events to support innovators and entrepreneurs that contribute to a diversified, sustainable and innovative economy.
The award is accepting applications across eight categories:
1. Money and Finance – Islamic banking, takaful and sukuk issuance
2. Food and Health – food and health products and services, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics
3. Media – mass and social media, entertainment, mobile applications, and publishing
4. Hospitality and Tourism – family and medical tourism facilities and services, meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions (MICE), and hajj and umrah trips
5. Waqf and Endowments – private and government-led endowments
6. SME Development – technology, incubation, and training
7. Islamic Economy Knowledge Infrastructure – education, research, compliance and standardisation, thought leadership, and authorship
8. Islamic Art – fine arts, performing arts, and design
In addition, the Lifetime Achievement Award honours a prominent achiever who has been a leader and inspiration to others, and has made a significant positive impact on the Islamic economy.
The Islamic Economy Award is open to all local and international candidates who meet the criteria. For more information or to submit an application, please visit the website https://islamiceconomyaward.net/
Innovative Product Development of Islamic Banking & Finance
- Emirates Grand Hotel, Dubai - UAE
IFSB-FIS Workshop Series (Ivory Coast)
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Specialized Training Workshop on Islamic Micro & Agriculture Finance - Kenya
- The IFSB issues working paper on issues arising from changes in Takaful capital requirements
18 Jul 2018|regulations-compliance
- BRIEF-Mashreqbank Q2 Profit Rises
18 Jul 2018|finance-investing
- Habib Bank AG Zurich celebrates the first anniversary of their Islamic Banking Brand SIRAT
18 Jul 2018|distribution-logistics
- BRIEF-Qatar International Islamic Bank H1 Profit Rises
18 Jul 2018|finance-investing
Join the Community
Post discussions, discuss trending topics and network with other Islamic economy professionals.Register Now
Comprehensive Islamic finance and Islamic Economy reports by Thomson Reuters Islamic Finance Gateway.View All Publications
Publish Your Press Releases
Share your company's latest updates.Submit Your Press Releases