Photo: Hajj pilgrims at Arafat, Makkah, Saudi Arabia in August 2019. Leo Morgan/Shutterstock

Islamic Lifestyle

Arafat Day sermon to be broadcast, translated into ten languages


The Arafat Day sermon will be translated into ten languages for broadcast on two platforms, Saudi state news agency SPA reported on Wednesday (July 22).

The sermon last year was translated into five languages. This year it will be made available in English, Malay, Urdu, Persian, French, Mandarin, Turkish, Russian, Hausa, and Bengali.

It will be available on the Arafat Sermon app and the Manarat Al-Haramain platform.

The Day of Arafat falls on the ninth day of Zulhijja, which coincides with July 30 this year. It marks the peak of the hajj pilgrimage.

This year’s hajj amid the pandemic will go on with some 1,000 pilgrims who already reside in Saudi Arabia as the Kingdom keeps its international borders closed to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

70% of pilgrims are non-Saudi residents, with Saudis making up the remaining 30%.

© SalaamGateway.com 2020 All Rights Reserved


tags:

Hajj 2020
Author Profile Image
Staff Writer